If you’re looking for something unique for your kitchen decor and you just can’t add another Hobby Lobby sign to another room, try this out!
A few years ago I collected some vintage ladles with the idea that they would look cool as kitchen decor. I decided to add some succulents to that idea and I love how it turned out! Now I need to find other vessels to pack succulents or plants into for decor. I’m open to suggestions!
Here’s what you need:
3 vintage ladles with holes in the handles (so they can be hung) – I found mine at antique stores. I thought 1 large one in the middle and 2 smaller ones would look best. I’m sticking to the Rule of 3s here.
3 types of mini succulents – I got mine from Lowe’s, and they came with 4 plants per bunch.
About 1 cup of leftover potting soil
Some rocks – mostly to add to the look
Small nails and a hammer
1. Add a little soil to the bottom of the ladle. Arrange your succulents the way you want them.
2. Plant the succulents by loosening the roots and pressing them into the ladle. Add a little dirt around them.
3. Add some rocks around the succulents.
4. Water the succulents. They only need to be watered about once per week.
5. Hang the ladles on the wall with small nails.
Enjoy! Let me know if you decide to do this or if this inspires another project!
Check out the video of this project on our YouTube Channel – At the Starlings