My family loves anything with noodles, but beef stroganoff is up there among the favorites. Here’s my simple recipe- no can-of-whatever-soup involved.
2-3lb chuck roast
5 cloves garlic, minced
1 yellow onion, diced
2 cups mushrooms, sliced
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 c beef broth
1 packet au jus gravy mix
salt & pepper
1 block cream cheese, cubed
1 Tbsp cornstarch & 1 Tbsp water to make slurry
2 Tbsp fresh dill
1lb egg noodles (medium or wide)
- Mince the garlic, dice the onion, and slice the mushrooms.
- Season the roast with salt and pepper on both sides. In a cast iron skillet, sear the roast on both sides.
- Add the onions and mushrooms to your slow cooker. Sprinkle in a little salt.
- In a liquid measuring cup, add your garlic, Worcestershire, beef broth, and au jus. Mix together.
- Add your chuck roast to the slow cooker on top of the onions and mushrooms. Poor in the sauce.
- Top with the cubes of cream cheese.
- Cook on LOW for 8 hours.
- Shred the beef.
- Make the cornstarch slurry (1 Tbsp cornstarch + 1 Tbsp water), and add it to the beef.
- Add in the fresh dill. Mix all together.
- While the beef and sauce is thickening up from the cornstarch slurry, boil and drain your egg noodles.
- Add the egg noodles into the slow cooker, stir it together, and enjoy! I serve mine with a nice big salad.