1/2lb bacon, cooked until slightly crispy & chopped
2 Tbsp (or more) chives, chopped
1 cup white cheddar cheese, shredded
2 cups AP flour
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
6 Tbsp salted butter, cubed
1/2 cup milk
- Preheat your oven to 350*F.
- To a large bowl, add the 2 cups of flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix.
- Add in the butter. Cut it in with a pastry cutter, a fork, or your hands. The butter should become about the size of peas.
- Add in the bacon, chives, and cheddar. Mix together.
- In a medium sized bowl or in the liquid measuring cup, mix together the 1/2 cup of milk and the egg.
- Add the egg & milk mixture to the flour mixture.
- Mix together until homogenous.
- With an ice cream scoop, scoop out the scone dough and put each scone on a baking sheet.
- Brush the scones with egg wash if desired. (I use 1 egg with a little water.) This will make your scones shiny and beautiful.
- Bake at 350*F for about 20-25 minutes. Enjoy!
NOTE: Substitute the meat, the herb, or the cheese with your favorites! The sky is the limit. Get creative!