.5lb – 1lb sausage
1 cup cubed roasted sweet potatoes (I roast them in avocado oil & salt)
1 cup spinach
2 cups white cheddar cheese, shredded (another great option- gouda cheese)
1 1/2 cups milk
1/2 c cream
- Cook up the ground sausage. When the sausage is almost done, add the spinach to the pan and cook it with the sausage.
- To a casserole dish add the roasted sweet potatoes, sausage, and spinach.
- Add in the 2 cups of cheese to the casserole dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the 8 eggs, 1 1/2 cups milk, 1/2 cup cream, salt, and pepper. Pour the mixture into the casserole dish.
- Bake at 350*F for about 45 minutes. Enjoy!
NOTE: You can freeze this! Freeze it raw- unbaked- in an aluminum roasting pan covered with aluminum foil and plastic wrap. To cook, thaw it out the night before. Then bake it at 350*F for 45 minutes as usual.
Also, you can always leave out the sweet potatoes and spinach if you don’t enjoy those.