1.5 – 2lb Chuck roast or beef stew meat
salt & pepper
4 cloves garlic
1 Tbsp grated ginger (or 1 tsp ground ginger if that’s what you have)
1 tsp onion powder
1 cup beef broth
1/2 cup soy sauce (or tamari or coconut aminos, your choice)
1 tsp sriracha
1/2 cup brown sugar (or honey if you prefer)
1 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
1 Tbsp sesame oil
2 Tbsp corn starch (plus 2 Tbsp water to make a slurry to thicken)
1 tsp sesame seeds (optional)
chopped green onions to garnish (optional)
- Sear the beef for a few minutes on both sides in a cast iron skillet. Add to the slow cooker.
- Add salt and pepper to taste (at least 1 tsp salt).
- Mix together the sauce-
- Pour the sauce over the beef. Cook on LOW for no less than 8 hours.
- 30 minutes before serving, mix together the corn starch and water to make a slurry. Add the slurry to the slow cooker and stir in.
- Optional: Also 30 minutes before serving, start a pot of rice on the stove and add some broccoli in with the beef in the slow cooker to make a complete dinner.
- Once the full 8 hours are over, shred the beef. Top with sesame seeds and chopped green onions.
- Serve over rice. Enjoy!