Once I successfully made homemade peanut butter, I decided I’m never buying it from the store again! It was super easy and much more cost effective. It’s delicious and isn’t full of preservatives and unhealthy oils. Now I am able to buy dry roasted peanuts in bulk to save money and whip up my own homemade peanut butter in a…. jiffy. 😉
Tools for Making Homemade Peanut Butter
*High speed blender such as a Vitamix with a tamper
*12 oz Mason Jar
What Ingredients go into this Peanut Butter?
All you need is dry roasted peanuts! There’s no need to add any kind of extra oil. The dry roasting process makes the natural peanut oil more available and it blends up just fine without adding anything at all. I sometimes add a little salt to mine (unless the peanuts are salted). You could add a sweetener if you like your peanut butter on the sweeter side, but I don’t do this. My kids will eat this peanut butter, and ENJOY it, without any sugar or honey!
Other Recipes You May Be Interested In:
- Vitamix or other high-speed blender with tamper tool
- Dry roasted peanuts (or other nut of your choice)
- 12 oz mason jar
- Rubber spatula
- Add 4 cups of dry roasted peanuts to your Vitamix. (You need at LEAST 2 cups for this to work. 4 cups will fill the mason jar.)
- Blend on low speed for 30 seconds.
- Crank up to a medium speed (4 on the Vitamix) for 1 minute. Tamp down the sides as it blends.
- Crank up to high speed (7 on the Vitamix) for 1.5 minutes. Continue tamping the peanuts off of the sides.
- Blend until your desired consistency. Blend it longer for creamier peanut butter.
- Turn off the Vitamix. Use a rubber spatula to scrape the peanut butter out of the blender and into your jar.
- Store the peanut butter in a cool dark place like your pantry for up to 1 month or in the refrigerator for up to 6 months.
- Enjoy with apples or on your PB&J!