Every single week recently I have found myself making quiche. It’s just so easy to throw together and it makes the perfect quick breakfast for my husband Andy and I. Andy is a nurse and has to be out the door at 6:15am. He reheats his piece of quiche in the oven while he gets ready for work. I reheat mine the same way and it’s one less breakfast I need to cook. Now if only the kids would try it!
Quiche is such a nourishing and filling breakfast option filled with protein. I eat mine with a side of kimchi and alongside my morning coffee. I make it using my all butter pie crust recipe, so it’s made completely from scratch. Now that it’s part of my weekly routine, I can throw it together very quickly.
- Pie pan like this one.
- Rolling pin for the crust.
- Knife & cutting board.
- Cheese grater.
- Liquid measuring cups and spoons.
Making quiche is a great way to use up your leftovers! Switch out the meat, the herb, the cheese, or add leftover vegetables. Have you ever ended up with just a handful of veggies at the end of a meal? That’s perfect for throwing into your quiche!
Silky egg custard, sharp white cheddar, fresh chives, and crispy bacon come together in a perfect all-butter crust forming the tastiest quiche. Try this delicious quiche for a quick breakfast or for a fancy weekend brunch.
Use any meat, herb, vegetable, or cheese your family loves!
- All-butter pie crust
- 6-7 slices of thick cut bacon
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh chives
- 1 cup shredded white cheddar
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup cream
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Once preheated, add the bacon slices to a baking sheet and cook for 20 minutes or until slightly crispy. Once finished, cool and chop.
- Grease a 9-inch pie dish with butter, roll out the pie dough, and add to the pie dish. Fold in the sides to create an even crust all the way around the pie dish.
- Chop up the chives and shred the cheese (if not already shredded).
- In a medium bowl, combine the 6 eggs, the 1 cup of milk, 1 cup of cream, and the salt and pepper. Whisk together until homogenous.
- Add the bacon, chives, and half of the cheese to the crust.
- Pour in the egg custard mixture.
- Top with the rest of the cheese.
- Bake at 350F for 50-60 minutes or until set.
- Allow the quiche to cool for at least 10 minutes. Enjoy! Store in the refrigerator.
Switch out the meat, the cheese, and the herb or add your favorite roasted veggies. This recipe is super versatile! You can also freeze the finished quiche and thaw it out later for reheating.